Becoming a Member of Immanuel Bible Church
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Immanuel Bible Church. A prospective member must profess faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior, give evidence of a changed life, have been baptized as a believer, and accept and agree to abide by the church’s constitution (including the Statement of Faith and the Covenant) and its Bylaws.
Read our Constitution and Bylaws which includes our Statement of Faith (pdf)
The elders may examine such persons and receive them into membership.
You are required to attend the Discovering Immanuel Membership Class. The class will cover Immanuel vision, history, Constitution and Bylaws , church organization and ministries. Plenty of time is set aside for questions. You will need to complete an application for membership and submit it to the church office (Attn: Discipleship Office). The membership application includes a written testimony. We have helpful tools for your personal testimony.
Membership needs to be preceded by believer's baptism at Immanuel Bible Church or other Christian church.
You will be scheduled for an appointment for an interview with two of our Elders. After the interview, the Elders will recommend you for membership to the entire Elder council at the next Elders meeting. The council will then vote on all membership applications.We will notify you by letter.
The entire membership procedure may take as little as a month or as long as several months, depending on your schedule and the schedule of the Elder’s meetings. If you need to be baptized, we would be glad to schedule that for you. Please call 703-813-1955 for more information.
Active members will vote on elder recommendations in the following matters:
- New pastors, elders, and deacons
- The annual budget of the church;
- Acquisition of real property and associated indebtedness
- Disposition of all or substantially all of the church’s assets
- Amendments to the constitution or bylaws
- Merger or dissolution of the church
- Any other major event or decision as designated by the elders.
- Constitution and Bylaws (which includes our Statement of Faith) (pdf)
- Online Application for Church Membership
- Printable Application for Church Membership (You need to have the most recent version of Adobe Reader to fill in this form. Otherwise, you can print it off and fill it out by hand.)
- Personal Testimony Helps