Spanish-language Worship at 12:30pm
Bienvenido a la página de Hispanos en Cristo, un ministerio de Immanuel Bible Church. Hispanos en Cristo es un ministerio al que usted y su familia quisieran pertenecer, porque usted encontrara una solida y clara exposición de la palabra de Dios, con traducción simultánea del español al inglés, enseñanza bíblica, adoración y alabanza clásico-contemporánea, escuela dominical para niños, guardería, reuniones de jóvenes, células familiares, compañerismo, comunión congregacional y apertura para todos aquellos, que quieren involucrarse en nuestros ministerios.
Welcome to the Hispanos en Cristo webpage. Hispanos en Cristo is a ministry of Immanuel Bible Church. Hispanos en Cristo is a ministry that you and your family would like to belong because you will find a solid and clear exposition of the word of God with simultaneous translation from Spanish into English, bible teachings, classic-contemporary worship and praise, Sunday school for children, nursery, youth meetings, cell groups, fellowship, congregational communion and great opening for those who want to get involved in our ministries.
The mission of the Multi-Ethnic Bridge is to serve as a bridge connecting people with different ethnic and cultural backgrounds in the church. Our goal is to help the church in serving our ethnically and culturally diversifying congregation by providing relevant information and insights.
We strive to assist multi-ethnic attenders in settling down in our church and facilitate their participation and engagement in church ministries and programs.
We hope to provide the congregation with opportunities to experience and appreciate cultural diversities and enrichment and to enhance an evangelistic impact on ethnic communities in Northern Virginia through in-house events and outreach activities.
- We love people for who they are. Luke 6:32
- We assume good intent in all our communications. Colossians 4:6 We pursue servant-heartedness in spirit and action
- We respect and consider ideas expressed by our participants Phil 2:3
- We communicate the truth in love and with graciousness - Ephesians 4:15
- We celebrate the ethnic backgrounds of all people at IBC.. Revelation 7:9
- We employ our positive energy and appreciative inquiry approach of seeking to discover the best in the people of IBC (Philippians 4:8)
- As integral part of the Mission and Outreach Council, we follow the guidance and direction of the Council.
- We seek to be biased toward action without fear of failure using design thinking principles where we think biblically (Romans 12:2a)
- We seek to understand first before seeking to be understood; quick to listen, slow to speak James 1:19
A designated elder from the Mission and Outreach Council serves as an advisor to the group and a liaison with the Council. The Multi-Ethnic Bridge Committee elects a chair on a yearly basis. Committee members volunteer to serve in program leadership roles
Committee Leadership Roles
- Elder Advisor – Sunny Park
- Chair – Gabe Hamda
- Chair Elect -
- Secretary General – Angie Holland
- Treasurer –Addis Fseha
- Church Relations Director – Hung Truong
- Communications Director- Mike Holland
- Quarterly Lunch Program Director –Kone Fseha
- Friendship Training Director – David Bone
- Annual Lunch Event Chair – Angie Holland
The Multi-Ethnic Bridge Committee meets every other month to plan, coordinate and network among committee members. We invite potential participants to our regular meetings and onboard them to actively participate in committee activities.
We host a quarterly multi-cultural oriented program that includes any of the following elements: bring a lunch to share, networking, panel discussion, mini-lectures and discussions. The intended outcome of this initiative is to increase opportunities for people at IBC connect in informal setting. We also host a church-wide annual luncheon celebration to raise the awareness of multi-ethnic diversities among the congregation.